Walking, what is it good for? Actually, quite a lot! Simply by opting to leave your car in the garage you will be reducing your carbon footprint considerably. Reducing your carbon footprint is only one benefit of walking too…
Consider also these other benefits
Many studies have shown that walking just 30 minutes has numerous benefits, including;
- Improved circulation and breathing
- Strengthened bones and muscles
- Longer life due to reduced stress levels
- Weight loss
- Improved sleep
- You may meet someone nice to talk to.
Instead of driving, take public transport, cycle, walk or car share.
- For every 100km a week of driving you don’t do, you will be saving 1 ton of CO2 emissions.
- Not only emissions but cash. It is much cheaper to leave the car at home!
- Fewer cars on the road also mean’s fewer roads and fewer traffic accidents.
So, next time you think about jumping in the car, have a think about the alternatives. Think about the good it will do you, your family and the environment!
There are so many ways in which we can help reduce our environmental footprint but with so much going on it is hard sometimes to remember. Rather than remember, the best way is to form a habit and the best way to form a habit is by utilising the 3 R’s:
- Reminder (the trigger that initiates the behavior)
- Routine (the behavior itself; the action you take)
- Reward (the benefit you gain from doing the behavior)
Each week, for 52 weeks, we will post a new idea to help you reduce your waste and work towards a cleaner less polluted lifestyle. Hopefully, by the end, some of the idea’s will become habitual and stick with you forever. Consider this to be your gift to the world.
#reducewaste #environmentalfootprint #onebrownplanet