It’s too cold, too hot, it’s raining, too sunny, snowing, blowing…it always is. But that’s no excuse, get out off the couch, go outdoors and start walking, past the shopping malls and bars and get back into nature.
Warning: Getting back to nature may have the following side effects;
- You may be unable to spend lots of money in the shopping malls, expensive restaurants and on-line shops
- You will be prone to bouts of getting fitter and healthier
- Your phone may lose reception and someone may start a conversation with you.
- The weight of the world may begin to lift off your shoulders
- Once you are outdoors you may begin to appreciate nature and how fragile it really is
- Unfortunately, boredom might not set in…. for the whole day
- You may begin to breath easier by avoiding toxic fumes all day
- And you may learn something about yourself, without having to google it!
There are so many ways in which we can help reduce our environmental footprint but with so much going on it is hard sometimes to remember. Rather than remember, the best way is to form a habit and the best way to form a habit is by utilising the 3 R’s:
- Reminder (the trigger that initiates the behavior)
- Routine (the behavior itself; the action you take)
- Reward (the benefit you gain from doing the behavior)
Each week, for 52 weeks, we will post a new idea to help you reduce your waste and work towards a cleaner less polluted lifestyle. Hopefully, by the end, some of the idea’s will become habitual and stick with you forever. Consider this to be your gift to the world.
#reducewaste #environmentalfootprint #onebrownplanet